Fooman Advanced Promotions
We have placed the extension under review and it is not being offered for sale to new customers at this time. Please let us know if you are an existing customer and require further licenses.
Advanced promotions made easy
Go beyond the standard Magento promotion options - set up advanced promotions that either aren't possible in standard Magento, or require combining multiple complex rules to work.
Set up complex promotions using a single rule. Plus, Fooman Advanced Promotions offers easy rule management via a new "Action" tab on the promotion overview screen.
Leave promotion restrictions behind!
Adds 13 new conditions, promotion types and actions to mix and match with Magento's standard promotion options. Create unique promotions that stand out from the crowd to maximise customer spend and loyalty.
Drive high margin transactions by running promotions on items where you have the margin to discount. Restrict discounts to items of a specific colour, fabric or brand to shift old or surplus stock before it loses value.
Multiply promotions automatically
Promotions can automatically multiply using a single rule. A buy 2, get 1 free deal can automatically become a buy 4, get 2 free deal, or a buy 6, get 3 free deal (unless you choose to limit deals).
This smart feature avoids Magento's multiplier loophole – now you don't need to set up dozens of complicated rules to avoid unknowingly giving away too much.
Automatically add free products to cart
Simple products defined by a SKU (with no required options) can be automatically added to the cart, if you use Magento's one page checkout.
A notification message will be displayed to advise the customer of the deal.
Promotion links with automatic discounts
Send your customers a link to purchase a product, and the discount or free item will be automatically applied at checkout. No need for the customer to quote the coupon code - Google Analytics will track the rest.
This makes it easier for your customers to buy, and allows you to target different customer groups more easily.
- Adds 13 new conditions, promotion types and actions to mix and match with Magento's standard promotion options to set up advanced promotions (scroll down for details)
- Easy rule management from the promotions overview page
- Rules automatically multiply correctly
- Automatically adds free items to the customer's cart with a message to the customer (for simple products defined by SKU, and if you are running Magento's one page checkout)
- Give discounts (or freebies) on either the cheapest or most expensive item
- Different coupon codes can trigger the same promotion rule for experimental marketing campaigns (Magento 1.4-1.6 only, as this is now a standard 1.7+ Magento feature)
- Best practice code – zero core files modified
Integrated with standard Magento promotion functionality, including:
- Displays discount at checkout and in Magento pdfs
- Option to exclude specific products or brands from promotions where you don't have the margin to discount
- Set up rules based on product categories or specific products (using SKU's)
- Only automatically adds a free product if in stock
- Run promotions with or without a coupon code
New Promotion Options
Fooman Advanced Promotions adds the following new conditions, promotion types and actions. Mix and match these with all standard Magento shopping cart options for a huge number of new promotion types! Examples for the new conditions, promotion types and actions are given in italics.
For Each Group (2 options: based on specific products/products with specific attributes, or the number of products added to cart):
- Buy any 1/2/3+ items.....
- Buy 1/2/3+ items from category X.....
- Buy 1/2/3+ items from category X and 1/2/3+ items from category Y.....
- Buy 1/2/3+ items from category X, 1/2/3+ items from category Y and 1/2/3+ items from category Z.....
- Buy 1/2/3+ items with SKU X.....
- Buy 1/2/3+ items with attribute Z.....
- Buy 1/2/3+ items from category X with attribute Z (eg. colour/brand/...).....
- Buy 1/2/3+ items from category X and 1/2/3+ items from category Y with attribute Z (eg. colour/brand/...).....
For Each Group with Attribute Z (2 options: based on specific products/products with specific attributes, or the number of products added to cart):
- All of the above examples, plus the ability to limit the condition to items with a shared/common attribute Z (eg. items of the same colour/brand/...)
- Spend $X.....
- For every $X spent.....
Number of Items:
- Buy X items.....
- For every X items bought.....
New Promotion Types
Buy X for Fixed Amount (Discount Amount = Tax Exclusive):
- Buy 1/2/3+ items from any category for $X
- Buy 1/2/3+ items from category X for $X
- Buy 1/2/3+ items from category X or Y for $X
- Buy 1/2/3+ items with SKU X for $X
- Buy 1/2/3+ items with attribute Z for $X
- Buy 1/2/3+ items from category X with attribute Z (eg. colour/brand/...) for $X
Get Y Free (Discount Amount is Y):
- ..... get 1/2/3+ items from any category free
- ..... get 1/2/3+ items from category X free
- ..... get 1/2/3+ items from category X and 1/2/3+ items from category Y free
- ..... get 1/2/3+ items from category X, 1/2/3+ items from category Y and 1/2/3+ items from category Z free
- ..... get 1/2/3+ items with attribute Z free
- ..... get 1/2/3+ items from category X with attribute Z (eg. colour/brand/...) free
- ..... get 1/2/3+ items from category X and 1/2/3+ items from category Y with attribute Z (eg. colour/brand/...) free
- ..... get 1/2/3+ items with attribute Z free
Get a Discount:
- ..... get X% off all items
- ..... get X% off the 2nd/3rd/4th+ item
- ..... get X% off every item after the 2nd/3rd/4th+
- ..... get X% off 1/2/3+ items from category X
- ..... get X% off 1/2/3+ items from category X and 1/2/3+ items from category Y
- ..... get X% off 1/2/3+ items from category X, 1/2/3+ items from category Y and 1/2/3+ items from category Z
- ..... get X% off all items with SKU X
- ..... get X% off all items with attribute Z
- ..... get X% off all items from category X with attribute Z (eg. colour/brand/...)
- ..... get X% off all items from category X and 1/2/3+ items from category Y with attribute Z (eg. colour/brand/...)
Discount in Group (2 options: discount applied to every item in the group/every item in the group with specific attributes, or to every item in the group that matches the specified promotion conditions):
- ..... get X% off any 1/2/3+ items from category X
- ..... get X% off any 1/2/3+ items from category X and 1/2/3+ items from category Y
- ..... get X% off any 1/2/3+ items from category X, 1/2/3+ items from category Y and 1/2/3+ items from category Z
- ..... get X% off 1/2/3+ items with SKU X
- ..... get X% off 1/2/3+ items with attribute Z
- ..... get X% off 1/2/3+ items from category X with attribute Z (eg. brand/manufacturer)
- ..... get X% off 1/2/3+ items from category X and 1/2/3+ items from category Y with attribute Z (eg. brand/manufacturer)
Discount in Group Defined by Attribute Z:
- ..... get 1/2/3+ items of each attribute Z value for free (eg. free item from each brand)
- ..... get X% off 1/2/3+ items of each attribute Z value (eg. 10% off one item from each brand)
Automatically Add this Simple Product:
- ..... get 1/2/3+ item X for free (simple product automatically added to cart)
These examples give you a glimpse of what's possible with the new Advanced Promotions options. Visit the demo store to create more ultra flexible promotions, or get in touch with us to check whether your promotion is possible.
Magento Connect Staff Pick August/September 2013
Here’s what the Magento team had to say about Fooman Advanced Promotions:
"Fooman's Advanced Promotions extension adds a number of promotions features to Magento platforms, allowing merchants to provide cool new offerings to their customers. Based on their positive reviews, Fooman's support is top notch and well received across the community. Use this extension to ratchet up interest in your store."
What Our Customers Say
“This is a very handy module for overcoming some of the limitations of price rules in Magento. We especially found the Buy X for Fixed Amount possibility very useful. Also very good and prompt support. Well worth the price.”
- beutnagel, via Magento Connect
“Does what it is supposed to. Also fantastic prompt, courteous and effective support. Would recommend.”
- vgreen, via Magento Connect
“It does exactly what it says on the can and I would recommend anyone who wants to implement advanced promotions to get it immediately... Well worth the price! Support team was very friendly and helpful. Replies to my emails were prompt and informative. Thank you for such a brilliant extension ;-)”
- x613513, via Magento Connect
Money Back Guarantee Icon
Money Back Guarantee
We stand behind the quality of our extensions with a 30 day money back guaranteeFree Updates Icon
All extensions include free updates for 12 monthsSimple User Manuals Icon
Simple User Manuals
Easy to understand user manuals show you how to get the most out of your extensionOpen Source Code
Open Source Code
Our code is 100% open source and unencrypted. Easily add your own customisationsQuality Support Icon
Our friendly team provides expert product support and troubleshootingEasy Licensing Icon
One license per Magento installation, including multi store setups and test sites. Easy!
License License for 1 Magento Installation (including multi store setup)
Stability Stable Supported Magento Versions (full feature set) 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124 Legacy Magento Version Support (reduced feature set) No Supported Magento Enterprise Versions No Change Log 1.0.0 Initial release
1.0.4 Added autocoupon feature
1.1.0 Added ability to automatically add simple free products to the cart (when using Magento's one page checkout). Added new condition options based on basket value and number of items in basket
1.1.5 Automatically multiplying promotions can be limited
1.3.0 Added ability to make either the cheapest item/s and most expensive item/s the free or discounted product
1.3.4 Added optional setting to redistribute the discount among between product for accounting purposes
1.3.9 Various bug fixes
1.3.10 Allow discount price to be based on original price (=optional extras are charged), fix Found Rule when combined with an advanced promotion
1.3.11 Include TotalsSortingFix extension
To install the extension, follow the steps in The Ultimate Guide to Installing Magento Extensions.
Please note that successful installation of this extension requires a moderate knowledge of website maintenance. Alternatively, we can install the extension for you. Simply choose this as an additional service when ordering the extension, or order installation separately if you have already purchased your extension license.
Download the Fooman Advanced Promotions User Manual to learn about the features and promotion options available to get the most out of this great extension.
Free updates are available for 12 months after your initial purchase. When a new version is released, the file will be available to download from your account on the Fooman website, under “My Downloadable Products”.
The Ultimate Guide to Installing Magento Extensions User Manual - Fooman Advanced Promotions
Below, you can find answers to questions you might have about the extension functionality, and common questions asked by customers before they purchase the extension.
Do you have a general question (eg. about licensing or your account), or a specific troubleshooting issue? Check out our Help Centre.
Frequently Asked Questions
I don't see the promotion that I want to run listed in the extension description. Can Fooman Advanced Promotions run it?
We've tried to cover all the main promotion types possible in the extension description - but there's always a creative genius out there who will dream up new eye catching promotions. Please get in touch to check whether your promotion is possible.
Can free items be automatically added to the cart?
Yes, if the free item is a simple product with no required options, and you are running Magento's default one page checkout. For products with required options, advanced rules can be set up which enable the customer to place their free item in the cart themselves (eg. a red t-shirt in size small).
Can I create promotions using catalog price rules?
Fooman Advanced Promotions deals with shopping cart price rules only, not catalog price rules.
Will anything on the product page be changed to inform customers about promotions?
Fooman Advanced Promotions doesn't make any changes on product pages (eg. banners, promotional prices, or promotion related customer communications).
Can I restrict promotions to particular customer groups?
Not currently. Check out our Fooman Surcharge extension, which allows you to apply discounts and surcharges based on customer group.
Can I run Fooman Advanced Promotions together with other Magento extensions which add new promotion types?
This is not recommended.
Can I use the extension with Magento Enterprise?
Currently there is no officially supported Enterprise version. Other customers have successfully used the community edition with Magento Enterprise - it's just that this has not yet been fully tested by us, and any Enterprise specific features won't be supported.
Rest assured that our extensions include a 30 day money back guarantee, so feel free to test out the extension on your own development site. If it doesn't work as intended, just let us know and we will refund your purchase.
Can I create my own condition, promotion type or action?
Only those conditions, promotion types and actions listed shown in the User Manual are possible - it's not currently possible to add your own.
Do I need to follow the sample rule setups shown in the User Manual?
No, these are only examples to showcase the most popular advanced promotion setups. You can create your own rules using any combination of the conditions, promotion types and actions shown in the User Manual.
Is Advanced Promotions multi store capable?
Advanced Promotions is fully multi store capable - simply configure different settings for each store set up.
Are there any known conflicts between Advanced Promotions and other Magento extensions?
There are no known conflicts.