Fooman Speedster Advanced (Magento 1)
Speed up your store
This reduces the total size of files to be loaded, as well as the number of HTTP requests (for both empty and primed caches)
Improved speed performance
Fooman Speedster Advanced offers a smarter caching strategy and improved speed performance relative to the classic Fooman Speedster extension.
The extension is designed for advanced set ups - check the FAQ for details of the specific server functionality needed to run Fooman Speedster Advanced.
- Theme optimiser to help implement a smarter caching strategy (for Magento version 1.5 and above) – see instructions
- No php overhead when compared to the classic Fooman Speedster extension (files are created, but not served, via PHP)
- Supports the use of different domains for Skin CSS, allowing the use of CDNs (Content Delivery Networks) and cookie free domains
- Multi store capable
- Uses the Minify library by Steve Clay (released under a BSD license).
Is Fooman Speedster Advanced Right for my Store?
- Your store already contains minified files
- Your store uses Jquery (or has extensions installed which use Jquery) - although a workaround is provided in the instructions, almost 100% of reported errors are from stores which also use Jquery
What Our Customers Say
“Speeds up Magento, improved customer experience on our site. Definitely a must-have for any Magento store.”
- cycology77, via Magento Connect
License Open Software License (OSL) Stability Beta Supported Magento Versions (full feature set) 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 1.9.1.x, 1.9.2.x Supported Magento 2 Versions No Legacy Magento Version Support (reduced feature set) No Supported Magento Enterprise Versions No Change Log 0.8.14 Display extension number if Fooman Common is installed
0.8.13 Allow database file storage
0.8.12 Supee-6788 changes - only full admin account can run theme optimiser
0.8.10 Increase compatibility in case other rewrites exist, allow exclusions in the admin
0.8.7 Magento 1.9. compatiblity
0.8.6 remove currentDir from setting as it can override prependRelativePath
0.8.5 removed logging
0.8.4 safer collection code
0.8.3 exclusion mode added, work better with compilation mode, some windows improvements, performance improvements
0.8.1 restrict ThemeOptimiser to 1.5+, Cache notice, cms_page handle handled
0.8.0 Renamed to Speedster Advanced now withTheme Optimiser, Minify exclusions via the back-end
0.7.2 added compatibility with Magento Compiler module
0.7.0 initial release
To install the extension, follow the steps in The Ultimate Guide to Installing Magento Extensions and Fooman Speedster Advanced User Manual.
Known conflicts with Fooman Speedster Advanced
- CANONICAL URLs by Yoast - a workaround is provided
- MXPERTS JQUERY BASE - a workaround is provided
The Ultimate Guide to Installing Magento Extensions User Manual - Fooman Speedster Advanced
Below, you can find answers to questions you might have about the extension functionality, and common questions asked by customers before they purchase the extension.
Do you have a general question (eg. about licensing or your account), or a specific troubleshooting issue? Check out our Help Centre.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Fooman Speedster Advanced right for my store?
We do not recommend using Fooman Speedster Advanced without thorough testing on a test site if:
• Your store already contains minified files
Should I use Fooman Speedster or Fooman Speedster Advanced?
Fooman Speedster works on most servers. Fooman Speedster Advanced supports a smarter caching strategy and improved speed performance, but requires specific server functionality to work.
Answer these four questions to determine which version of Speedster is best suited to your needs:
1. Do you use Magento Version 1.4 or above?
2. Does your server send Far Future Expire Headers?
3. Does your server send gzip content?
4. Did you understand the last two questions?
If you answered 'NO' to any of the four questions, you should install the original Fooman Speedster extension.
If you answered 'YES' to all questions, you should install Fooman Speedster Advanced.
Are there any known conflicts between Fooman Speedster Advanced and other Magento extensions?
The following extensions conflict with Fooman Speedster Advanced:
• Canonical Urls by Yoast
• Mxperts Jquery Base
In both cases, a workaround can be installed during installation.
Can I use the extension with Magento Enterprise?
Currently there is no officially supported Enterprise version. Other customers have successfully used the community edition with Magento Enterprise - it's just that this has not yet been fully tested by us, and any Enterprise specific features won't be supported.
Is Speedster Advanced multi store capable?
Speedster Advanced is fully multi store capable - simply configure different settings for each store set up.
Why don't you offer an installation service for Fooman Speedster Advanced?
We have found in the past that the installation could lead to more required changes in the custom theme or in previously installed extensions. This is not something that we can offer at a fixed price which is fair to everyone and we have decided the installation of Speedster is best left to the developer who has set up the rest of your website, since they know the history of existing installed components.
Where can I find support for Fooman Speedster Advanced?
For troubleshooting, please:
• Follow the installation instructions in The Ultimate Guide to Installing Magento Extensions and Fooman Speedster Advanced User Manual
• Follow all troubleshooting steps in the Fooman Support Centre
• Ensure that your store does not already contains minified files
• Ensure that you are not running any conflicting extensions
This usually solves 95% of issues we receive. If an error still persists after following the instructions and troubleshooting advice above, please contact your Magento developer or disable the extension.
Feel free to report any suspected bugs with the extension, however please note that we are unable to provide individual support or troubleshooting advice as this is a free extension.
Only registered users can write reviews. Please