Fooman Speedster Advanced
This extension replaces the previous Fooman Speedster Enterprise extension.
- Speeds up your store, delivering an improved customer experience
- Improved speed performance relative to the classic Fooman Speedster extension
- Theme optimiser to help implement a smarter caching strategy (for Magento version 1.5 and above) – see instructions
- No php overhead when compared to the classic Fooman Speedster extension (files are created, but not served, via PHP)
- Supports the use of different domains for Skin CSS, allowing the use of CDNs (Content Delivery Networks) and cookie free domains
- Multi store capable
- Uses the Minify library by Steve Clay (released under a BSD license).
Is Fooman Speedster Advanced Right for my Store?
- Your store already contains minified files
- Your store uses Jquery (or has extensions installed which use Jquery) - although a workaround is provided in the instructions, almost 100% of reported errors are from stores which also use Jquery
License Open Software License (OSL) Stability Beta Supported Magento Versions (full feature set) 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124 Legacy Magento Version Support (reduced feature set) No Supported Magento Enterprise Versions No Change Log 0.8.1 restrict ThemeOptimiser to 1.5+, Cache notice, cms_page handle handled
0.8.0 Renamed to Speedster Advanced now withTheme Optimiser, Minify exclusions via the back-end
0.7.2 added compatibility with Magento Compiler module
0.7.0 initial release
Installation and Set Up
Refer to The Ultimate Guide to Installing Magento Extensions and Fooman Speedster Advanced Instructions and Troubleshooting Guide (download below).
Known conflicts with Fooman Speedster Advanced:
- CANONICAL URLs by Yoast - a workaround is provided in the instructions
- MXPERTS JQUERY BASE - a workaround is provided in the instructions
The Ultimate Guide to Installing Magento Extensions Instructions and Troubleshooting - Fooman Speedster Advanced
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you offer an installation service for Fooman Speedster Advanced?
At the moment we are not offering installation. We have found in the past that the installation could lead to more required changes in the custom theme or in previously installed extensions. This is not something that we can offer at a fixed price which is fair to everyone and we have decided the installation of Speedster is best left to the developer who has set up the rest of the website since they know the history of existing installed components.
Is Fooman Speedster Advanced right for my Store?
• Your store already contains minified files
Should I use Fooman Speedster or Fooman Speedster Advanced?
Fooman Speedster works on all servers. Fooman Speedster Advanced supports a smarter caching strategy and improved speed performance, but requires specific server functionality to realise these gains.
Take the Speedster quiz to determine which version of Fooman Speedster is best suited to your needs:
1. Do you use Magento Version 1.4 or above?
2. Does your server send Far Future Expire Headers?
3. Does your server send gzip content?
4. Did you understand the last two questions?
If you answered 'NO' to any of the four questions, you should install the original Fooman Speedster extension.
If you answered 'YES' to all questions, you should install the Fooman Speedster Advanced extension.
Where can I find support for Fooman Speedster Advanced?
For troubleshooting, please:
• Follow the installation instructions in The Ultimate Guide to Installing Magento Extensions
• Follow all troubleshooting steps in the Fooman Speedster Advanced Instructions and Troubleshooting Guide
• Ensure that your store does not already contains minified files
• Ensure that you are not running any conflicting extensions, as this can conflict with CSS
This usually solves 95% of issues we receive. If an error still persists after following the instructions and troubleshooting advice above, please contact your Magento developer or disable the extension.
Feel free to contact us at email@example.com to report any suspected bugs with the extension, however please note that we are unable to provide individual support or troubleshooting advice via our support email address - see our general FAQ for more details.
Are there any known conflicts between Fooman Speedster Advanced and other Magento extensions?
The following extensions conflict with Fooman Speedster Advanced:
• CANONICAL URLs by Yoast
• MXPERTS JQUERY BASE
In both cases, a work-around can be installed during installation - refer to the Installation Instructions file for further information.