Fooman Google Analytics +
Advanced analytics and features for your Google Universal Analytics Account
Go beyond the standard features and gain a deeper insight into your store performance.
The extension adds a dozen new options to Google Analytics, including conversion tracking, the ability to filter reports by customers, and enable first touch tracking for advanced marketing insight.
Understand conversions with a checkout sales funnel
Create a sales funnel to understand where potential customers are 'dropping off' during the checkout process, to improve your store and boost conversions.
Track every step of the checkout process, including sections retrieved via AJAX during one-page-checkout.
Track Google Adwords conversions
Track conversion rates and money earned for purchases made on your store via Google Adwords.
Advanced options allow you to track in a variety of languages and currencies.
Compare and analyse Magento multi store performance
Easily combine Magento multi stores (subdomains) into a single Google Analytics account, for simplified comparison and analysis.
- Supports Google Universal Analytics (Classic Analytics are no longer supported)
- Create a sales funnel to track each step of the checkout process (including sections retrieved via AJAX during one-page-checkout), and pinpoint precisely where potential customers are 'dropping off' during the checkout process
- Optionally track to a secondary profile
- Optionally enter a domain name - useful if you want to combine multiple sites in a single analytics account
- First Touch tracking with thanks to Will Critchlow from www.distilled.co.uk and Ashley Schroder - read all about the technique here (no file edits needed)
- Filter Google Analytics reports by customers
- Track Adwords conversions for purchases
- Track page load speeds
- Anonymise visitor IP addresses for privacy
- Use Google remarketing script to support display advertising
Optional Installation Services
- We offer two installation services - 'installation' and 'installation plus set up of your Google Analytics account to visualize your sales funnel'
- 'Installation plus set up of your Google Analytics account to visualize your sales funnel' includes setting up a sales funnel for the checkout success page to pinpoint where potential customers are 'dropping off' during the checkout process
- Set up of an Adwords conversion goal for the checkout success page is not included in either service – we will give you instructions on how you can quickly and easily do this yourself once the extension has been installed
- Ten Killer Magento Extensions (by Ebay Developers Program)
- Recommended Magento Modules - A Crowd-sourced List (by GPMD)
What Our Customers Say
“Thanks for this great extension! Installation worked like a charm (Magento 188.8.131.52), functions excellent like described. Big THANKS!”
- AlexVogt1982, via Magento Connect
"Must have module. This module is good choice for google analytics tuning, because the base magento GA setting is poor. We use the initial referer tracking, this is the key feature for us."
- uniquevisitor, via Magento Connect
License Open Software License (OSL 3.0) Stability Beta Supported Magento Versions (full feature set) 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 1.9.1, 1.9.2 Supported Magento 2 Versions N/A Legacy Magento Version Support (reduced feature set) Not Applicable Supported Magento Enterprise Versions No Change Log 0.16 Supports Google Universal Analytics only (support for classic Analytics withdrawn)
0.11.5 Use Google Remarketing Script
0.11.2 Removed rc=1,getAdditional calls are now filtered out
0.11.1 Fix typo
0.11.0 Compatible with Magento 1.7
0.10.6 make Conversion Label configurable
0.10.5 Added option to track site speed (trackPageLoadTime)
0.10.3 Fix anonymiseIP object, set a custom var for customers and repeat customers (thanks Sebastian)
0.10.1 Added option to enable anonymiseIP
0.10.0 Added option to track to a secondary profile and FirstTouch tracking (optional)
0.9.7 Magento reports pages as /checkout/onepage/ and /checkout/onepage/index/ - index/ is now filtered out from page names
0.9.6 Fix packing error in 0.9.5
0.9.5 Moving ga code into head hopefully fixes reports of underreported IE visits
0.9.2 Made the keyword tracking optional (off by default)
0.9.1 Updated to newer Google JS Snippet
0.8.7 Bug fixes introduced with 0.8.5
0.8.5 Cleaned up call to _toHtml()
0.8.4 Using a correcter way of constructing JS url
0.8.3 Fixed https issue
0.8.2 Added new event opc-review-placeOrderClicked
0.8.1 Changed reported path names to be consistent with rest of Magento
0.8.0 Added support for tracking checkout sections loaded via AJAX
To install the extension, follow the steps in The Ultimate Guide to Installing Magento Extensions.
- This extension is a beta release - if you choose to download it via Magento Connect Downloader, on Magento 1.5+ you need to enable beta in your Magento Connect Downloader settings
- Successful installation of this extension requires a moderate knowledge of website maintenance. Alternatively, we can install the extension for you - simply choose this as an additional service when ordering the extension.
Refer to the Fooman Google Analytics + User Manual to learn about the features of this extension.
The Ultimate Guide to Installing Magento Extensions User Manual - Fooman Google Analytics Plus
Below, you can find answers to questions you might have about the extension functionality, and common questions asked by customers before they purchase the extension.
Do you have a general question (eg. about licensing or your account), or a specific troubleshooting issue? Check out our Help Centre.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I view the data added by Fooman Google Analytics +?
To view your data, log into your Google Analytics account. Nothing is changed on the Magento dashboard.
Can I use this extension to track newsletter or account sign ups?
This is not part of Fooman Google Analytics +.
Can Fooman Google Analytics + track multiple conversion goals?
The extension can track only one conversion goal. We usually recommend that you choose a sales funnel conversion goal (further information is provided in the User Manual), which will provide a comprehensive overview of sales conversion rates during the different checkout steps of your store.
Not all of my customers return to the checkout success page after completing payment. Can these transactions still be tracked in my sales funnel visualisation or Adwords conversion goal?
These transactions can be tracked in your sales funnel visualisation by changing the 'goal success' URL to checkout/onepage/PlaceOrderClicked. This will then track checkout success based on everyone who reaches this page (instead of reaching the checkout success page).
These transactions cannot be tracked as part of an Adwords conversion goal.
Is Google Analytics + multi store capable?
Google Analytics + is fully multi store capable - simply configure different settings for each store set up.
Can I use the extension with Magento Enterprise?
Currently there is no officially supported Enterprise version. Other customers have successfully used the community edition with Magento Enterprise - it's just that this has not yet been fully tested by us, and any Enterprise specific features won't be supported.
Does the extension support Universal Analytics?
Where can I find support for Fooman Google Analytics +?
For troubleshooting, please:
• Follow the installation instructions in The Ultimate Guide to Installing Magento Extensions
• Follow all troubleshooting steps in the Fooman Google Analytics + User Manual
• Ensure that you are not running any conflicting extensions
This usually solves 95% of issues we receive. If an error still persists after following the troubleshooting advice above, please either contact your Magento developer, purchase our professional installation service (select when downloading Fooman Google Analytics +), or disable the extension.
Feel free to contact us to report any suspected bugs with the extension, however please note that we are unable to provide individual support or troubleshooting advice.
Tell me more about tracking to an alternative profile
More information about tracking to an alternative profile can be found here.