Fooman DPS Pro
Advanced Magento-DPS integration
Fully integrate your DPS Payment Express account and Magento store with Fooman DPS Pro.
Accept credit card payments via PxPay, PxPost and Web Service. Take advantage of the latest advanced security features and streamline payment administration with this feature rich extension.
Integrate with Maxmind fraud scoring
Integrate your store with Maxmind's fraud scoring service to quickly identify and deal with suspicious orders (Maxmind account required).
The cost of online fraud in 2012 was estimated at $3.5 billion (Cybersource Online Fraud Report, 2012). It's smart to minimise your risk of financial loss from costly chargebacks, especially if you often ship low margin goods.
Process DPS customer refunds from the backend**
Refund DPS credit card payments directly from the Magento backend. This feature allows you to create an invoice refund directly in Magento, eliminating the need to log into DPS and process each refund manually.
Save time by streamlining your refunds process and keeping it all in the Magento backend.
Secure tokenised billing**
Encourage repeat purchases and reduce shopping cart abandonment with tokenised billing.
Customers can tick a box if they would like to securely store their credit card information for their next purchase from your store.
It's secure - only an encrypted token of the card data is saved, never the actual credit card data.
DPS Web Service with 3D Secure
Accept credit card payments via DPS Web Service, with optional use of the 3D Secure feature (using the Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode schemes).
3D Secure shows your customers that you take online security seriously, and reduces your risk of costly credit card fraud and chargebacks.
Accept manual payments with PxPay
Accept manual payments of any amount using your PxPay account, and configure automatic notification emails to be sent each time a manual payment is received.
Save time and hassle - this is quick and easy way to bill custom amounts, and is more cost effective than alternatives such as Paypal.
- Accept credit card payments via DPS Payment Express using PxPay, PxPost and Web Service
- Use the DPS Web Service 3D Secure feature (Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode). If a customer has set up a password on their credit card, they are required to enter the password (along with their credit card number and expiry date) to submit the payment. The password will be authenticated against their bank as part of the checkout process. Once the customer's bank has verified the password, the transaction will be completed
- Integrate with Maxmind fraud scoring. You can choose to hide DPS Payment Express as a payment method to prevent the order from being placed, or allow the order to be placed but require it to be manually reviewed (you can decide whether to accept or reject the order after completing due diligence to investigate the risk level and customer history). A Maxmind account is required to use this feature. Maxmind offers a free trial account with 1000 free fraud checks. Additional checks are priced from $0.005 per transaction
- Token billing option which allows logged in customers to tick a box if they would like to securely store their credit card information for their next purchase on your site
- Refund DPS credit card payments (PxPay and PxPost) directly from the Magento backend
- Accept manual payments of any amount using your PxPay account. Automatically send notification emails each time a manual payment is received, and add a manual payment link to your store’s footer
- Displays transaction details in the backend so you can be confident what you ship is what you have been paid for
- Adds new order statuses and configuration choices to fit your order workflow: Pending Payment (DPS), Processing (DPS – Amount Authorised), Processing (DPS – Amount Paid)
- Supports both direct sales and authorise and capture workflows
- Choose to enable payment methods for backend orders only
- Display credit card logos on your payment page
- Restrict payment methods to orders above or below a certain value
- Internet connectivity - the extension uses the fail-proof notification by DPS to get notified of received payments
- Your php / server configurations must allow access to the $_GET variable when it contains very long strings (2000+ characters) - if your server does not allow this, the extension will not work. Check with your hosting company if you're not sure
- Your php version must be able to support openssl to securely transfer your data. Most websites meet this requirement, but please ask your hosting company if in doubt
** A PxPost account is required to use these features. This can be a limited account - you can still use your PxPay account to accept payments, and use the limited PxPost account only to allow refunds and/or tokenised billing.
Money Back Guarantee Icon
Money Back Guarantee
We stand behind the quality of our extensions with a 30 day money back guaranteeFree Updates Icon
All extensions include free updates for 12 monthsSimple User Manuals Icon
Simple User Manuals
Easy to understand user manuals show you how to get the most out of your extensionOpen Source Code
Open Source Code
Our code is 100% open source and unencrypted. Easily add your own customisationsQuality Support Icon
Our friendly team provides expert product support and troubleshootingEasy Licensing Icon
One license per Magento installation, including multi store setups and test sites. Easy!
License License for 1 Magento Installation (including multi store setup)
Stability Stable Supported Magento Versions (full feature set) 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124 Legacy Magento Version Support (reduced feature set) Not Applicable Supported Magento Enterprise Versions Not Applicable Change Log 1.0.3 Initial Release
1.0.4 fix contact issue
1.0.5 save credit card support for DPS Webservice
1.0.6 fix validation state error when 3d secure is turned off
1.0.7 cron job improvements
1.1.1 independent blocks for each payment method
To install the extension, follow the steps in The Ultimate Guide to Installing Magento Extensions.
If you have previously installed the community Magebase DPS Payment Express extension through Magento Connect, you'll need to uninstall it prior to installing Fooman DPS Pro. The latest version will automatically be reinstalled as part of the Fooman DPS Pro installation (there is no need to reinstall it separately).
Please note that successful installation of this extension requires a moderate knowledge of website maintenance. Alternatively, we can install the extension for you. Simply choose this as an additional service when ordering the extension, or order installation separately if you have already purchased your extension license.
Refer to the Fooman DPS Pro User Manual to learn about the features and options available to get the most out of this great extension.
Free updates to the Fooman DPS Pro extension are available for 12 months after your initial purchase. When a new version is released, the file will be available to download from your account on the Fooman website, under “My Downloadable Products”.
The Ultimate Guide to Installing Magento Extensions User Manual - Fooman DPS Pro
Below, you can find answers to questions you might have about the extension functionality, and common questions asked by customers before they purchase the extension.
Do you have a general question (eg. about licensing or your account), or a specific troubleshooting issue? Check out our Help Centre.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Fooman DPS Pro multi store capable?
Yes – the extension supports a multi store set up.
What is Maxmind fraud scoring?
Maxmind uses industry leading technology to determine the likelihood that a transaction is fraudulent based on many factors, including whether an online transaction comes from a high risk IP address, high risk email account, high risk device, or anonymising proxy. Maxmind's industry leading technology is tried and tested by us - we've used it on the Fooman website since 2011 as our own fraud defence.
Read more about the Maxmind minFraud service.
Do I need a Maxmind account to use the fraud scoring feature?
Yes – a Maxmind account (version 1.2 or above) is needed. Maxmind offers a free trial account with 1000 free fraud checks. Additional checks are priced from $0.005 per transaction. More information can be found here.
Do I need a PxPost account to use Fooman DPS Pro?
A PxPost account is required if you want to use the following extension features:
• Tokenised billing
• Process customer refund from the Magento backend
This can be a limited PxPost account - you can still use your PxPay account to accept payments, and use the limited PxPost account only to allow refunds and/or tokenised billing.
Are there any known conflicts between Fooman DPS Pro and other Magento extensions?
There are no known conflicts.
Do I need to download and install the community Magebase DPS Payment Express extension separately?
There's no need - the extensions are bundled together, so Magebase DPS Payment Express will be automatically installed when you install Fooman DPS Pro.
Which new order statuses are added?
The following new order statuses are added to fit your order workflow:
• Pending Payment (DPS): use when order has been created and the customer is redirected to DPS to complete payment – indicates that the customer chose DPS as their payment method and still need to complete the transaction
• Processing (DPS – Amount Authorised): use when also using the “Authorise Only” action for DPS payments – indicates that an order has been placed with DPS and you have selected the “Authorise and Capture” option
• Processing (DPS – Amount Paid): use once order payment is received payment via DPS – indicates that order is ready for shipment
Can I use the extension with Magento Enterprise?
Currently there is no officially supported Enterprise version. Other customers have successfully used the community edition with Magento Enterprise - it's just that this has not yet been fully tested by us, and any Enterprise specific features won't be supported.
Rest assured that our extensions include a 30 day money back guarantee, so feel free to test out the extension on your own development site. If it doesn't work as intended, just let us know and we will refund your purchase.